A hairdressing apprenticeship is the means of starting your career by working as a junior hairdresser in an established hair salon while studying for a certificate III at a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
The apprentice term is from three to four years after which you will be a fully qualified hairdresser.
Specific duties will vary from salon to salon, a list of general duties are listed below:
- Taking bookings, dairy management and processing payments.
- Offering advice on styling, colouring and maintenance.
- Shampooing, conditioning and treatments.
- Permanently straightening or waving hair.
- Styling your clients with scissors, razors or clippers.
- Braiding, adding hair extensions, weaves and dreadlocks.
- Cut or style weaves or hair pieces.
- Shaving or trimming beards and/or moustaches.
- Keeping your utensils as well as your premises clean and sanitary.
Click here to read about cert II in hairdressing.
Click here to read about cert III in hairdressing via an Australian apprenticeship.
Click here to read about cert III in hairdressing via full time study.
Click here to read about cert IV in hairdressing.